Saturday 24 November 2012

Camp - for friends only

So I've gone another day not posting again. At least I realise it! I was only on camp for three days so I could've posted yesterday buuut... I was too caught up in knitting and dehydrating almonds. By the way, when they say that dehydrating nuts takes a while, they actually mean that it takes a while. How did I think I could spend 24 hours obsessing over the oven? I think it would be a lot more enjoyable if I could smell the almonds or if I focused when I first soaked them. I may have forgotten about vinegar-to-water ratios and now whenever I open the oven it smells like vinegar... Another oopsie. But I'm learning. I added some rosemary to counter the smell but it still hasn't gone away!


Camp was pretty amazing and spectacular and ohmigod emotional at the end. Coming back home from it, I felt so overwhelmingly thankful for the beautiful group of friends I have and I honestly could not ask for anything more in my life than them (ok, and family too). I've been incredibly grateful for them from this time last year, but camp opened my eyes wider than they were before and I can now easily say that they are so much more than a bunch of people I love eternally. They're a group of girls who would do anything for me, and I would do anything for them; they've had different struggles that have made them evolve into the individuals they are, but they all easily manage to fit perfectly into the circle of friends I'm so privileged to be included in. I know that the group of us will stay together all throughout the rest of school and most likely throughout the rest of our lives. If you're one of my friends, in my group or in that little sister group we have, I want you to know that I love you so so much and you're all absolutely stunning, extraordinary people and I couldn't live without any of you. You mean the world to me and I really don't know what my life would be like if I hadn't met you. You all make me smile and you're the reason why I look forward to coming to school every day. Thank you so much for being a treasured part of my life and I seriously love you all like I can't explain.

Maybe I should keep this post short and sweet and leave it at that. I'll post tomorrow though because of the every-second-day thing, and without camp now that should be pretty easy. I'll see you tomorrow then!

No comments:

Post a Comment