Thursday 25 July 2013

Mistakes I've Made - What NOT to Do with Eggs

I've seen a few mentions of calcium powder, made of boiled, dried and crushed eggshells. I gave it a shot with a dozen eggs that were pretty good quality, stored them in a zip lock bag in the fridge, removed the membranes, boiled, dried in the oven, and crushed the shells, and they weren't crushed enough so I put it in my blender but that didn't work. So I put it through a (really fine) strainer and tried some in my random chocolate stuff in a cup (cacao powder, cinnamon, cayenne, carob syrup and honey - somehow this was runny).

Not the tastiest thing.

(PS that's in the bin)

Actually, it wasn't the taste, but the texture. I like to chew things. What I don't like chewing is, is grit. Someone said it tastes like sand, and I'm all aboard for that comparison. Couldn't think of anything more appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment